Variety of Indonesian cuisine is rich in spices and tend spicy. In fact, for most people can not eat if you do not use a condiment. And if you mostly eat spicy food, will cause stomach pains, stomach, or diarrhea. Wait a minute, as summarized from the Health Me Up, proved too much spicy food, can lead to several chronic diseases like below.
1. Acid Reflux
2. Gastritis (MAAG) Acute
Gastritis caused by inflammation of the gastric mucosa, the membrane that lines the abdomen. Attacks sometimes felt occasional mild gastritis. But most
3. Gaster ulcer (stomach ulcer)
Spicy foods can cause injury to the mucosal lining of sensitive or small intestine, called the duodenum (duodenal ulcer), or also in the esophagus (esophageal ulcer). Painful ulcer usually causes a burning sensation in the stomach, nausea, vomiting, and weight loss.
Consumption of spicy foods increase the body temperature which causes insomnia. Should avoid eating spicy foods at dinner.
5. Loss of Appetite
Spicy food is safe to eat if it is still within reasonable limits. Most people usually eat spicy food 3 to 4 times a week.
To avoid having an upset stomach, spicy food lovers should consider the following points:
- Spicy foods should only be consumed in the main meal, not a snack.
- Avoid combining oily fried and spicy foods that can increase the production of stomach acid.
- Avoid eating spicy foods at dinner the night.
- Drinking milk can neutralize acid production due to spicy food.
- If you have digestive problems because of spicy food, antacid medication one hour after meals and before bed.